When Covid19 shut down the entire country in 2020, we stayed at family cabin in Brainerd, Minnesota. Over the past two years, we have done a ton of traveling, but we also have spent a chunk of time in Brainerd, Minnesota. Here a few of my favorite spots in the Brainerd Area.
Grand View Lodge-https://www.grandviewlodge.com Awesome place to stay, but you can also visit it. It’s a great spot for a drink/dinner. It also has a chocolate ox on the property.
- Sidetrack-https://www.sidetrackbarandgrill.com Everyone loves their appetizer-Cheesy Fried Pickles
- Erine’s on Gull- https://m.erniesongull.com It has amazing views! Must sit outside.
- Rafferty’s -https://raffertyspizza.com Nissawa and Crosby. I personally like the one in Crosby better, because it has a wood fire oven.
- The Woods-B-merri -https://www.thewoodsmn.com
- Morey’s Fish House- Food Truck in the Summer time https://moreysmarkets.com/pages/baxter-lunch-trailer
- Charng Thai Restaurant-https://m.facebook.com/Charngthairestaurant/ This restaurant is in Hackensack, MN
- Prairie Bay-http://prairiebay.3cheersmn.com They do everything with local and fresh food.
- Franklin Art Center in Brainerd-Opens in May-Tuesdays 8-12:30
- American Legion in Nisswa-Opens in May-Thursdays 8-12:30
- Westport Shopping Center in Baxter-Opens in May-Fridays 8-12:30
- Boulder Tap House-make sure you get the Tequila Lime Chicken Tacos
- Roundhouse Brewery- It’s got an awesome atmosphere, especially during the summer time. They also have live music during the summer.
- Zorbaz- If you are on Gull Lake, you can drive your boat up and dock it while you eat. During the summer, they have live music.
- Paul Bunyan State Trail -awesome for walking, running or biking
- You must go to downtown Nissawa! It’s a shopping destination. One of my favorite boutiques is Up North.
* photo credit-Shawna Fruth